Enjoy a recap on the event and take a short dive into the trends that will see you through to Spring/Summer 2024…
Essential Looks 2:2023 sees us partner with outstanding craftspeople, to celebrate great hair and support professional development with a compelling educational offering, complete with salon-ready services. Packed with everything a hairdresser needs to navigate in this ever-evolving industry.
The new collection was presented at the Essential Looks Global Masters event where we heard from the Essential Looks and Education teams, as well as the Hair Artists behind the new trends. Here we recap on the event and take a short dive into the trends that will see you through to spring/summer 2024!
For the team behind Essential Looks, it's all about creating concepts that can be personalised to the individual, fully taking into consideration the context of their lifestyle. As hairdressers, we want you to be thinking and asking about how your salon clients really live their life.
Why? So that the cut, colour and style you craft for them fully complements these aspects and is maintainable. After all, every client is an opportunity for a hairdresser to showcase their craft.
It's our trend release event to showcase the inspirational world of Essential Looks, together with our creators, Ambassadors and hairdressing community – our #partnersincraft. Over the event we dived into the conceptual theory behind each of the three new trends, equipping hairdressers with a knowledge base for the latest cut and colour techniques – as well as our new product innovations.
Through immersive Look and Learn sessions hairdressers learnt how to recreate the catwalk and salon variations with demonstrations for each look. Each session focusses on key techniques, product combinations and the must-have colouring tools.
- Schwarzkopf Professional Global Ambassadors, Tyler Johnston (@tylerjohnstonhair) and Lesley Jennison (@lesleyjennison)
- Schwarzkopf Professional Styling Ambassador, Nick Irwin (@nickirwinhair)
- Schwarzkopf Professional Guest Artists, Christos Michailidis (@christosmichailidis), Ashlee Norman (@ashleenormanhair) and Grace Dalgleish (@gracedalgleishx)
The INTENTION NOW trend documents the growing movement towards self-fulfilment through conscious, mindful means. It's about being the change you wish to see.
- Salon Service: #MutedBronze – this uses a placement technique to elevate the often-utilised dual application and white coverage colour services to another level. This is a colour service that's mixed to order, with bronze undertones customised to the individual.
The ACID RIOT trend channels the fluid, inclusive and constantly shifting world of today’s most overt trendsetters and tastemakers. It's about doing it 'your' way.
- Salon Service: #AcidRinse – utilises both palette and placement to create hair colour with personality by combining bold and pastel tones. It's completely about the colour clash, working with seemingly incompatible tones to craft a clash-match effect.
The RE-ROOTED trend is centred on the concept of telling personal stories. It explores those who let the stories of yesterday help shape, inform and define the stories of today – a roots revival through personal reinterpretation. It's about the notion that 'comparison kills personality'!
- Salon Service: #FoilageMelt – this technique creates a similar effect as balayage and open-air surface painting, but with a traditional foiling technique that gives a very wearable minky tonality. It's the perfect opportunity for hairdressers to get creative with lived-in balayage colour to suit the personality of a client's haircut.
Our Essential Looks Collection is presented via essentiallooks.com – the online platform to discover everything about the newest trends of the season. Expect an immersive and unique experience at your fingertips with exclusive content such as tips & tricks videos, trend information and a new look book feature for quick and easy consultations!
Our specific Essential Looks related seminars see creative thinking coming to life, with new ideas, new approaches and the latest techniques, all delivered by our ultra-experienced team of Hair Artists and Ambassadors. Trends are always changing, and the demands of salon clients shift and grow too. We bring forward the latest lifestyle and fashion trends and help you translate these into various salon looks. Going even further, we team up with trusted experts to ramp-up your growth beyond the craft, empowering you with cut, colour and styling techniques to create unique looks.