We dive into Margot Robbie's – AKA Barbie’s – blonde hair colour and reveal the shades you need to recreate it in your salon!
Blondes never go out of fashion, and there is a shade to suit every hair type, skin tone and personality! But this summer it's all about those shimmering golden blonde tones crafted by celebrity hair colourist Jacob Schwartz for Margot Robbie, AKA Barbie!
Inspired by the original barbie blonde, yet brought bang up-to-date for Margot Robbie's premiere as our modern day Barbie – and of course the Barbie press tour – colourist Jacob Schwartz put his own twist on the iconic blonde with BLONDME and the #spunwithgold technique.
Did you know? Blonding services make up over 60% of an average salon's colour revenue, which is why it's so important to work with the very best blonde system. Our BLONDME colour and care range brings unrivalled performance thanks to the integrated Dual Bond Technology in all BLONDME colour and care products.
- For colour, our Anti-Metal Bond Protection Technology creates a protective layer around the hair bonds for minimised hair breakage.
- For care, our 3D Bond Creation Technology creates new 3-dimensional bonds and stabilises the hair structure for long-lasting strength and suppleness.
"I only trust BLONDME; it has Anti-Metal inside to reduce damaging radicals and protect the hair from breaking."
– Celebrity Hair Colourist, Jacob Schwartz.
#spunwithgold is a clean blonde, with depth and dimension thanks to shades of gold spun throughout the lengths. It's expensive-looking and sophisticated with a soft edge – just like Barbie herself. This feel-good blonde hair colour gives a lifted look; here we've moved away from the icy 'platinum' blonde tonal palette into warmer territory, with creamy undertones and a bright finish.
Feeling inspired? Read on to get Jacob Schwartz's Barbie blonde formula and re-create Margot Robbie's look for your salon clients – after all, this is a blonde look that's going to be in high demand for some time.
For Jacob, it's important to start with a clean base – he uses BLONDME All BLONDES Rich Shampoo to cleanse the hair.
- This range features 3D Bond Creation Technology and Cashmere Protein Complex, which helps to build new bonds within the hair.
First Jacob weaves micro-fine highlights through the hair using BLONDME Premium Lightener 9+ with BLONDME Premium Developer 6% | 20 Vol. Using visual reference, hair is lifted to a gold tone before rinsing.
- BLONDME Premium Lightener 9+ provides unbeatable lift with minimal hair breakage – on even the darkest of hair bases. Combined with our BLONDME Premium Developers it provides improved care and maximum hair colour performance.
After towel-drying, Jacob then toned the hair with IGORA VIBRANCE using 9-0 around the hairline, 7-0 on the roots and 6-0 underneath. Moving onto the mid-lengths and ends with IGORA VIBRANCE 9-0 + 9-4 + 8-46. Combined with IGORA VIBRANCE Activator Gel/Lotion 1.9% | 6 Vol. and processed for 15 mins.
- The secret behind our IGORA VIBRANCE colour range lies in the Moisture Protecting Complex with AQUAXYL® Technology, which maintains the hair's moisture level through a combination of sugar molecules and vitamins. The results bring stunning colour with a beautiful, vibrant shine!
After processing, rinse and condition the hair with BLONDME All BLONDES Rich Shampoo and Conditioner for a smooth and soft finish.
Keep up with BLONDME and the #BARBIExBLONDME takeover over on our Instagram channel @schwarzkopfpro, where we’ve also teamed-up with six iconic Hair Artists to craft a whole host of blonde looks with BLONDME!